On May 27, 2018 SGM held its 34th Annual General Meeting (AGM) at the Chang Feng Hall, SGM Culture Centre, Cheras, commencing at 10:00 AM. A total of 170 Full Members attended the AGM, which ended at 12:00 PM.
Matters covered and accepted at the AGM were:
1. Confirmed the minutes of the Annual General Meeting and Extraordinary General Meeting held on May 28, 2017 and November 25, 2017 respectively.
2. Received the General Council’s Report on the workings of the Association in 2017.
3. Adopted the Treasurer-General’s Report on the Audited Statement of Accounts of the Association for the financial year ended December 31, 2017.
4. Reconfirmed the external auditors, Messrs Crowe Horwath, Chartered Accountants (Firm No. AF 1018) for the financial year ending December 31, 2018.
5. Accepted the proposed amendments to the Constitution in Clauses 3, 4(b) and 4(c), 10(b), 13(b), 18(c), 20, 25(i), 25(j) and 25(k). Primary amendments were made where the Rules and Regulations of SGM and its preamble were incorporated. “Practitioners” were introduced in proposed amendments for the first time.
6. An update on the plan to set up a “Yayasan” was shared.
7. Elected nine (9) General Council members for the term 2018–2022.
8. Appointed an interim Honorary Internal Auditor.
The SGM General Council held its meeting on the same day after the AGM and herein is the committee line-up:
President: Kok Fook On
General Director: Koh Sia Feai
Deputy President: Ng Teck Sim @ Ng Teck Koon
Vice Presidents: Boey Chiong Meng, Pang Chok Wai
Secretary-General: Lok Chee Khong
Asst Secretary-General: Ow Yin Peng
Treasurer-General: Chai Koh Pong
Asst Treasurer-General: Lee Son Chee
Committee Members: Chan Oi Mooi, Chay Mei Ling, Ewe Chor Huat, Lim Tee Yen, Tan Kar Bin, Yap Chuan Lee, Chong Khin Sang, Lam Choi Sing, Loo Guek Hong
Appointed Members: Goh Kok Kheng, Tan Leng