Information in BM (PDF) – BANJIR: Apa Tindakan Anda?
FLOOD: What should you do?
Preparation before a flood
- Get flood information in your area.
- Confirm the flood warning system.
- Check that the drains and channels around are not blocked.
- Check and make sure the lid of the septic tank is tightly closed.
- Get information on the evacuation centres.
When a flood is imminent. . . . . .
- Turn on the radio, TV for flood announcements.
- Store clean water in buckets that are in good condition and keep them at higher ground.
- Be prepared to turn off the main switches for electricity, water and gas.
- Move the outdoor furniture into the house.
- Place electrical appliances in high places.
- Store important documents in a waterproof container and carry along with your basic emergency kit bag pack.
- Notify your neighbours and prepare for evacuation.
In the event of a flood (when inside the house)
- Listen to radio announcements about the flood.
- Prepare the emergency kit bag pack.
- If you receive an official evacuation notice, evacuate immediately.
In the event of a flood (when outside the house)
- Evacuate to higher grounds that is safe and away from rivers, ditches and open spaces.
- Don’t hang out or paddle in flooded areas.
- Do not touch any cables, wires.
- Warn children not to play in rivers, ditches, mine lakes or flooded areas.
In the event of a flood (when in the car)
- Don’t cross the flooded areas, please turn around.
- If the car engine stalls and cannot be ignited, get out of the car, lock the car and leave to a safe place.
When it is necessary to evacuate
- When you are instructed to evacuate, please evacuate immediately.
- It is safer and easier to evacuate before the water level rises or during the day.
- Follow the planned evacuation route, the shortcuts may be blocked or dangerous.
After the flood
- Listen to radio or official announcements, please do not go home without permission.
- Aid your neighbours or people with special needs.
- Inspect your home for signs of sinking or cracking, these are signs of danger.
When entering the house
- Please wear shoes or slippers.
- Check for damage on the walls, floors, doors and windows.
- Beware of cracked and falling of ceilings, plaster walls, etc.
- Check for signs of poisonous and dangerous animals.
- Use sticks to remove obstacles that scattered in the house
Check for life-threatening hazards
- Check water or gas pipes for damage or leaks.
- Check the electrical wiring and appliances submerged in water.
- Check whether there are flammable substances entering the house (eg: kerosene, gasoline, etc.).
- Discard food submerged in water or contaminated by flood water, including canned food.
- Inspect septic tanks for damage to avoid biological hazards.
- Report any damage to public facilities (eg water, electricity, gas supply) to the relevant authorities immediately.
Be Prepared to Face Disaster: Ready2go Bag
- Important Documents
- Hygiene Kit
- Torch light & Batteries
- First Aid Kit & Medicines
- Telephone & Power Bank
- Clothes, Shoes & Blanket
- Food that can be stored
- Mini Portable Battery Radio
Emergency Hotline and Websites
Police / Ambulance / Fire Fighters
TEL: 999 or 112 WEB: https://999.gov.my
HP Apps for deaf
HP Apps for blind
HP Apps for Police
National Disaster Command Centre (NDCC)
National Disaster Management Agency (NADMA)
Disaster Operations Control Centre (PKOB) Hotline
TEL: 03-8064 2400 (24 hours)
The Official Web Of Public Infobanjir
TNB Electric: Power Outage TNB Careline
TELEKOM MALAYSIA: Technical Assistance Telekom Careline
Helpline for Women: 1 Stop Crisis Center
TEL: 03 2615 3333
Helpline for Women: All Women Action Society Malaysia (AWAM)
TEL: 03 7877 4221
Helpline for Women: Women Aid Organization (WAO)
TEL: 03 7956 3488
The Malaysian Civil Defence (APM)
|State||District Disaster Operation Control Centres||No. Telephone|
|Perlis||Kangar||04-9777991 / 04-9778991|
|Kedah||Alor Setar||04-7323810 / 04-7323801|
|Pulau Pinang||Timur Laut (Georgetown)||04-2263876|
|Perak||Kinta Ipoh (State Operation Control Centre)||05-5278715|
|WP Kuala Lumpur||Kuala Lumpur||03-26871400|
|Terengganu||Kuala Terengganu||09-6668246 / 09-6672991|
|Johor||Johor Bharu||07-2349706 / 07-2349708 / 07-2349709|
|Sabah||Kota Kinabalu||088-232440 / 088-232453|